DPPP is a non-fluorescent triphenylphosphine compound. It reacts with hydroperoxide to generate DPPP oxide that emits fluorescence at 352 nm excitation and 380 nm emission wavelengths (Fig. 1). Post-column HPLC method is used to determine phospholipid peroxide in sample solutions.
DPPP reaction with lipid peroxidase
Example of Solvents
1 mg/ml （chloroform）
When it is difficult to take out all the powder from the container,
please add the solvent into a container and dissolve it before its use.
1) K. Akasaka, T. Suzuki, H. Ohrui and H. Meguro, "Study on Aromatic Phosphines for Novel Fluorometry of Hydroperoxides(II) - the Determination of Lipid Hydroperoxides with Diphenyl-1-Pyrenylphosphine -", Anal. Lett., 1987, 20, 797.
2) K. Akasaka, H. Ohrui and H. Meguro, "An Aromatic Phosphine Reagent for the HPLC-fluorescence Determination of Hydroperoxides -Determination of Phosphatidylcholine Hydroperoxides in Human Plasma-", Anal. Lett., 1988, 21, 965.
3) K. Akasaka, I. Sasaki, H. Ohrui and H. Meguro, "A Simple Fluorometry of Hydroperoxides in Oils and Foods", Biosci. Biotech. Biochem., 1992, 56, 605.
4) K. Akasaka, S. Ijichi, K. Watanabe, H. Ohrui and H. Meguro, "High-performance Liquid Chromatography and Post-Column Derivatization with Diphenyl-1-Pyrenylphosphine for Fluorimetric Determination of Triacylglycerol Hydroperoxides", J. Chromatogr., 1992, 596, 197.
5) K. Akasaka, H. Ohrui and H. Meguro, "Simultaneous Determination of Hydroperoxides of Phosphatidylcholine, Cholesterol Esters and Triacylglycerols by Column-Switching High-Performance Liquid Chromatography with a Post-column Detection system", J. Chromatogr., 1993, 622, 153.
6) K. Akasaka, H. Ohrui and H. Meguro, "Normal-phase High-performance Liquid Chromatograohy with a Fluorimetric Postcolumn Detection System for Lipid Hydroperoxides", J. Chromatogr., 1993, 628, 31.
7) Y. Okamoto, A Watanabe, E. Niki, T. Yamashita and N. Noguchi, "A Novel Fluoresceint Probe Diphenyl-pyrenylphosphine to Follow Lipid Peroxidation in Cell Membranes", FEBS Lett., 2000, 474, 137.