SBD-F is a water-soluble reagent that reacts with sulfhydryl groups to produce highly fluorescent compounds. The detection limit of thiol compounds such as glutathione, cysteine, N-acetylcysteine, CoA and BSA by HPLC analysis is in the range of 100-500 pmol per injection.The excitation and emission of the derivatized compound are 385 nm and 515 nm, respectively.
1) K. Imai, et al., A Novel Fluorogenic Reagent for Thiols: Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1, 3-Diazole-4-Sulfonate. Anal Biochem. 1983;128:471-473.
2) T. Toyo’oka, et al., High-Performance Liquid Chromatography and Fluorometric Detection of Biologically Important Thiols, Derivatized with Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1, 3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate(SBD-F). J Chromatogr. 1983;282:495-500.
3) T. Toyo’oka, et al., Fluorescence Analysis of Thiols with Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1, 3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate. Analyst. 1984;109:1003-1007.
4) T. Toyo’oka, et al., Determinaiton of Total Captopril in Dog Plasma by HPLC After Prelabelling with Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1, 3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate(SBD-F). J Pharm Biomed Anal. 1984;2:473-479.
5) T. Sueyoshi, et al., Application of a Fluorogenic Reagent, Ammonium 7-Fluorobenzo-2-Oxa-1, 3-Diazole-4-Sulphonate for Detection of Cystine-Containing Peptides. J Biochem. 1985;97:1811-1813.
6) T. Toyo’oka, et al., Simultaneous Determination of Thiols and Disulfides by High-performance Liquid Chromatography with Fluorescence Detection. Anal Chim Acta. 1988;205:29-41.
7) T. Araki, et al., The Position of the Disulfide Bonds in Human Plasmaα2HS-glycoprotein and the Repeating Double Disulfide Bonds in the Domain Structure. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1989;994:195-199.
8) B. A. McMullen, et al., Location of the Disulfide Bonds in Human Plasma Prekallikrein; The Presence of Four Novel Apple Domains in the Amino-Terminal Portion of the Molecule. Biochemistry. 1991;30:2050-2056.
9) D. Hess, et al., Identification of the Disulfide Bonds of Human Complement C1s. Biochemistry. 1991;30:2827-2833.