Chemical Name: 1-[2-Amino-5-(6-carboxy-2-indolyl)phenoxy]-2-(2-amino-5-methylphenoxy)ethane-N,N,N',N'-tetraacetic acid, pentaacetoxymethyl ester
Appearance: Greenish brown solid
Purity: ≥97.0 %(HPLC)
MW: 1009.91, C47H51N3O22
Storage Condition: -20ºC, protect from light
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
Indo 1 is another type of improved calcium
indicator that can be used in ratiometry, including when using a flow
cytometer. Two separate wavelengths in the emission spectrum, usually at
410 nm and 480 nm, are measured in the ratiometry of Indo 1. Indo 1 is
reported to have better properties for localization than Fura 2 after
being loaded into cells. Indo 1-AM is an acetoxymethyl ester derivative
of Indo 1 that can be loaded into cells by incubation.
Hydrolysis of AM ester
1. R. Y. Tsien, New Calcium Indicators and
Buffers with High Selectivity against Magnesium and Protons: Design,
Synthesis, and Properties of Prototype Structures. Biochemistry. 1980;19:2396-2404.
2. G. Grynkiewicz, et al., A New Generation of Ca2+ Indicators with Greatly Improved Fluorescence Properties. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:3440-3450.
A. Luckhoff, Measuring Cytosolic Free Calcium Concentration in
Endothelial Cells with Indo-1: the Pitfall of Using the Ratio of Two
Fluorescence Intensities Recorded at Different Wavelengths. Cell
4. K. G. Lazzari, et al., Simultaneous Measurement of Stimulus-induced Changes in Cytoplasmic Ca2+ and in Membrane Potential of Human Neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 1986;261:9710-9713.
5. M. K. Bijsterbosch, et al., Cross-linking of Surface Immunoglobulin on B Lymphocytes Induces Both Intracellular Ca2+ Release and Ca2+ Influx:Analysis with Indo-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1986;137:500-506.
P. S. Rabinovitch, et al., Heterogeneity Among T Cells in Intracellular
Free Calcium Responses After Mitogen Stimulation with PHA or Anti-CD3.
Simultaneous Use of Indo-1 and Immunofluorescence with Flow Cytometry. J
T. Sugiyama, et al., The Elevation of the Cytoplasmic Calcium Ions in
Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells in SHR Measurement of the Free Calcium Ions
in Single Living Cells by Lasermicrofluorospectrometry. Biochem Biophys
Res Commun. 1986;141:340-345.
8. A. P. Jackson, et al., The Kinetics of Calcium Binding to Fura-2 and Indo-1. FEBS Lett. 1987;216:35-39.
9. D. S. Bush, et al., Measurement of Cytoplasmic Ca2+ and H+ in Barley Aleurone Protoplasts. Plant Cell Tissue Organ Cult. 1988;12:159-162.
K. Higashi, et al., Ethanol Causes Desensitization of Receptor-mediated
Phospholipase C Activation in Isolated Hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:2178-2190.
11. W. J. Scheenen, et al., Photodegradation of Indo-1 and Its Effect on Apparent Ca2+ Concentraions. Chem Biol. 1996;3:765-774.