1-[2-Amino-5-(3-dimethylamino-6-dimethylammonio-9-xanthenyl)phenoxy]-2-(2-amino-5-methylphenoxy)ethane-N,N,N',N'-tetraacetic acid, tetraacetoxymethyl ester, bromide
Appearance: Dark purple solid
Storage Condition: -20ºC, protect from light and moisture
Shipping Condition: ambient temperature
Rhod 2 has the longest fluorescent
wavelength signal of all the calcium indicators. It has a rhodamine-like
fluorophore whose excitation and emission maxima are 557 nm and 581 nm,
respectively. This makes it a convenient excitation source for argon
and krypton lasers. Although it was thought that the fluorescent signal
of Rhod 2 only increases several times with the calcium complex,
Dojindo’s Rhod 2 increases its signal with calcium 80-100 times because
of its high purity. Its signal intensity is the strongest of all the
calcium probes. Rhod 2 is thus highly recommended as a probe for
intracellular calcium monitoring using laser microscopes. Rhod 2 is
reported to have a better loading profile at the point of localization,
especially in neural slice cultures. The dissociation constant of Rhod 2
with calcium (Kd=1.0 mM) is the highest of all the fluorescent calcium
probes, providing a wider range for monitoring calcium concentration.
Rhod 2-AM is an acetoxymethyl ester derivative of Rhod 2 that can be
easily loaded into cells using the AM method.
1) M. Burnier, G. Centeno, E. Burki and H. R. Brunner, "Confocal Microscopy to Analyze Cytosolic and Nuclear Calcium in Cultured Vascular Cells", Am. J. Physiol
, 266, C1118..
2) J. Vergara, M. Difranco, D. Compagnon and B. A. Suarez-Isla, "Imaging of Calcium Transients in Skeletal Muscle Fibers", Biophys. J
, 59, 12.
3) T. Meyer, T. Wensel and L. Stryer, "Kinetics of Calcium Channel Opening by Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate", Biochemistry
, 29, 32.
4) A. Minta, J. P. Y. Kao and R. Y. Tsien, "Fluorescent Indicators for Cytosolic Calcium Based on Rhodamine and Fluorescein Chromophores", J. Biol. Chem
, 264(14), 8171.
5) D. R. Trollinger, W. E. Cascio and J. J. Lemasters, "Selective Loading of Rhod 2 into Mitochondria Shows Mitochondrial Ca2+ Transients during the Contractile Cycle in Adult Rabbit Cardiac Myocytes", Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun
, 236, 738.
6) M. Akimoto, R. Maruyama, Y. Kawabata, Y. Tajima and K. Takenaga, "Antidiabetic adiponectin receptor agonist AdipoRon suppresses tumour growth of pancreatic cancer by inducing RIPK1/ERKdependent necroptosis"
, Cell Death Dis
, 9, 804.